Car Accident Lawyer White Plains, NY
As a car accident lawyer in White Plains, NY can tell you, navigating the claims process can be difficult and involve complicated legal hurdles. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is recommended that you work with a lawyer to make sure that your claim is handled properly and submitted on time. They can give you the legal advice you need to move forward. If you are searching for a quality lawyer that you can trust, contact the law firm of Greenspan & Greenspan P.C. for urgent and reliable assistance.
Car Accident Lawyer in White Plains, NY
Helping clients with their cases since 1959, the reputable legal team at Greenspan & Greenspan P.C. understand the value of quality legal representation that results in positive outcomes. With their aggressive approach and strong defense strategies, they will work to pursue the parties involved. They are committed to fighting for you so that you can recover financial compensation. They give each case the attention it deserves so that clients can secure the highest compensation amount. Contact our office to schedule an appointment today so we can learn more about your unique scenario and explore possible next steps.
How a Lawyer Can Help You
There are many advantages to having a skilled car accident lawyer in White Plains, New York by your side as you go through the claims process. Some people may be reluctant to hire a lawyer because they think it’s unnecessary or believe that the claims process is straightforward enough to deal with on their own. However, filing a claim involves a lot of paperwork and a thorough understanding of the law. Don’t risk making crucial errors that can result in your claim getting dismissed. Hiring a lawyer ensures that your claim is completed correctly. Here are several things a lawyer can do for you:
- Give personalized legal advice. Personal injury lawyers will listen to you and provide suggestions for next steps you can take.
- Gather and examine information. They will collect evidence and information to build the best possible case for you.
- Communicate with parties involved. Lawyers have the negotiation skills to effectively deal with insurance companies.
- Handle your paperwork. They can help you fill out required forms and review them for errors.
- Evaluate settlement offers. A lawyer will review settlement offers extended to you to determine if they are fair.
- Represent you in court. A personal injury lawyer can represent you in court if your case goes to trial.
It’s important to note that if you decide to hire a lawyer, you are responsible for providing them accurate information about your case. Last minute changes can cause delays and make it difficult for the lawyer to work on your case.
Request a Risk-Free Consultation
Victims who were seriously injured after being involved in a car accident should not be left to deal with the aftermath themselves. Our dedicated legal team at Greenspan & Greenspan P.C. is there for you to make the recovery process easier. Contact a trusted and experienced car accident lawyer that White Plains, NY residents look to for legal assistance.
Important Pieces of Evidence for a Car Accident Case
If you were injured in a car accident caused by another driver, you may be eligible to receive compensation. However, in order to obtain the compensation, you must show sufficient proof. Here are important pieces of evidence for a car accident case:
- Photos of the accident scene. If possible, you should take multiple photos of the car accident scene to paint a picture for the court. Take shots of all the vehicles involved in the accident, skid marks on the road and traffic signs.
- Photos of your injuries. If you endured visible injuries from the car accident, like bruises or cuts, you’ll want to take photos of them right away. These photos will show the court the severity of your injuries.
- Car repair records. If your vehicle got damaged during the accident, it’s important to take in for professional repairs promptly. Don’t forget to obtain car repair records from the mechanic after the fact. These records will establish that the accident wasn’t caused by a failure of your vehicle.
- Police report. It’s critical to call the police following a car accident. They will come to the scene and make a report that will include important information about the accident, such as when and where it occurred and the names of everyone involved. Obtain a copy of this report for your car accident lawyer in White Plains, NY.
- Medical records. It’s important to see a doctor promptly about your car accident injuries. He or she will diagnose your injuries and recommend the proper treatment plan. Don’t forget to get copies of your medical records.
- Cell phone records. In certain cases, it’s helpful to have the other driver’s cell phone records. If he or she was talking on the phone or responding to a text when the accident occurred, it could establish negligence.
- Witness testimony. Were there other people present when the car accident occurred? If so, you should not hesitate to get their names and contact information. They may be able to verify your account of what happened and strengthen your claim.
- Video footage. Although it can be difficult to obtain, video footage is one of the best pieces of evidence you can have for your car accident claim. It can establish exactly how the accident occurred. A car accident lawyer in White Plains, NY may be able to help you obtain video footage of the accident.