Truck Crash Lawyer in Bronx, NY
Following an incident like a trucking accident, you will want to contact an experienced truck crash lawyer in Bronx, NY. They can work with you to ensure that you receive the justice and compensation that you deserve. Whether you have minor injuries sustained or have extensive injuries that will most likely require years of recovery, at Greenspan & Greenspan P.C, we have plenty of experienced attorneys that can help.
Common Reasons Why Trucking Accidents Happen
There can be a variety of factors surrounding and leading up to a trucking accident. Some of these factors may be the driver’s fault while in other cases, there might be external factors leading to the accident. Common reasons for trucking accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: This can include anything from a driver eating and drinking, being on their cellphone, changing the radio station, etc. Essentially, anything that takes the driver’s attention off the road may be distracted driving.
- Exhaustion: Truckers often have to work long shifts on the road and this may constitute 12 hours or more of not being able to get quality sleep. As such, truck drivers may suffer from driver’s fatigue which can be dangerous.
- Driving under the influence: Alcohol or drugs can severely impair a driver’s cognitive functions and may make the reaction time slow. It’s not uncommon for truckers to use substances like meth or cocaine to keep them awake and alert when they’re driving.
- Weather conditions: Weather can have a severe impact on a driver’s ability to respond. While we tend to think of snowstorms as being the main culprit when it comes to weather and unsafe driving, even rain can obscure a driver’s ability to see and respond.
- Road conditions: Not every road is alike and while we tend to think of truck drivers as only being out on the open highways, truck drivers also frequent rural roads. Poor road conditions like potholes or improper or wrong signage can cause an accident that may require you to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Bronx, NY.
How Can A Lawyer Help?
There are many ways that a lawyer can help. A lawyer can help you receive the compensation you’re entitled to and can negotiate with the insurance companies. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for insurance companies to low-ball a victim and while an initial settlement might sound attractive, there’s a good chance that it won’t cover all your present and future expenses.
That’s why having an experienced attorney on your side is key. They will be able to fight on your behalf and make sure that the final settlement you receive will be able to cover all your expenses including:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damages (such as repairing/replacing your vehicle)
- Pain and suffering
Contact an Experienced Truck Crash Lawyer Today
A trucking accident can be a traumatic event and you and your loved ones deserve justice and compensation. That’s why you’ll want to contact an experienced truck crash lawyer that can help.