Car Accident Lawyers in New City, NY
Helping Clients Throughout Rockland County Recover in the Aftermath of an Automobile Crash
Motor vehicle accidents occur frequently and unexpectedly every day across the state of New York. On average, New York suffers about 1,000 fatalities each year as a result of car accidents. Another 12,000 New Yorkers are injured each year in such motor vehicle crashes. While we try to remain alert, defensive drivers, the sad and unfortunate state of things is that even the safest drivers in the world could become victims of car accidents someday. Sometimes it’s a matter of recklessness, sometimes it’s a matter of poor road conditions or vehicle disrepair, and sometimes it’s just a case of a victim being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Whatever the cause of your car accident, it is important that you take steps to defend your legal rights in the aftermath. While we may want to hope that our insurance company will look out for us or that the at-fault driver admits that their negligence caused the crash, too often, we find that accident victims are put on the defense, asked to prove that they deserve the medical care, financial compensation, and punitive damages that should otherwise be provided directly to them.
At Greenspan & Greenspan, P.C., our New City car accident attorneys have decades of experience providing legal services to clients who’ve been in automobile accidents. If you hire our lawyers as your legal representation, you will find that we provide dedicated, sympathetic legal counsel in an attempt to make things easier for our clients.
You’ve just endured something traumatic. Perhaps your injuries may be serious and cause you to miss work. You should be allowed to recover during this time, not be asked to fight for your rights. While you’re healing, our car accident lawyers will take over your case and help you through the process with the aim of guiding you toward the most satisfactory outcome for your case.
Common Car Accident Injuries
A car accident can cause injury to virtually every part of the body, especially at higher speeds. Here are just a few of the many injuries a person can sustain during a car accident:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common car accident injury, often caused by sudden jerking movements during collisions. It can lead to neck pain, stiffness, and headaches, requiring medical attention and rehabilitation.
- Broken Bones: Car accidents can result in fractures and broken bones due to the impact. Fractures may require surgeries, casts, or extensive rehabilitation, causing significant pain and hindrance in daily activities.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries, are prevalent in car accidents. These injuries can have long-lasting effects, impacting cognitive abilities and overall quality of life.
- Back Injuries: Car accidents frequently lead to back injuries, such as herniated discs or spinal cord damage. These injuries can cause chronic pain, limited mobility, and may necessitate surgeries and prolonged medical treatments.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding, are not always immediately apparent after an accident. These injuries can be life-threatening and may require emergency medical intervention and surgeries.
Who is Responsible for Damages and Injuries in New York Car Crashes?
New York operates under “no-fault” insurance laws for motor vehicle accidents. What this means is that it is possible to recover compensation from any and all parties who were partially or completely liable for the accident. It also means, however, that the victim may be held accountable, too, if the car accident investigation finds that they were in any way responsible for causing the accident. In such a case where you were the most injured person and most (but not all) of the blame rests on the shoulders of the other driver, it is possible for you both to seek financial compensation. While you may ultimately recover more, the other driver’s compensation could limit the total money you may receive in the settlement.
In the state of New York, you will be asked to contact your own insurance company if you hope to receive a payout for your injuries and damages suffered. However, while your insurance company is supposed to be on “your side”, they will inevitably fight aggressively to limit how much they must pay.
Even in cases where insurance companies pay what is asked of them, these settlements may still be insufficient when it comes to settling the medical expenses following your injuries. To ensure that you are receiving maximum compensation, please contact our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation.
What Services Does a Lawyer Provide for Car Accident Victims?
At our law firm, we understand that this is a difficult time for you. Not only might you be badly hurt, but you may also be contending with unexpected medical bills and missing work (which itself could lead to lost wages). As your lawyers, we will guide you through the legal process to help you understand each step, all the while lifting the heavy burden off your shoulders.
Our New City car accident attorneys provide the following legal services:
- Conduct a thorough investigation, reviewing all evidence and facts at the scene of the crash
- Gather and review witness statements, medical records, police reports, and photographic evidence
- Handle communication, including speaking with insurance companies and contentious other parties
- Endeavor to prove your claims while disproving the claims made against you
- Work side-by-side with professionals in the field of car crashes to help determine the severity of the incident and better calculate a fair settlement
Do You Really Need Legal Representation Following Your Car Crash?
While some motor vehicle accidents may not require extensive legal actions, it is nonetheless advisable to seek medical attention and legal advice following such an event. Though you may believe your injuries to be minor at first, worsening symptoms may develop over time, so you should be examined by a doctor. And while some minor accidents may not result in much damage, it is important that you take steps to defend your rights in case the other party seeks to hold you completely liable.
At Greenspan & Greenspan, our car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not owe us anything in legal fees unless we are successful in collecting a settlement in your case. When you consider that you may schedule a consultation for free, it is a no-risk opportunity to speak with our legal team about your car accident case.
Contact our Law Firm to Schedule a Free Consultation with a New City Car Accident Attorney
If you’ve been in a car accident in New City or Rockland County, please contact our injury attorneys today to discuss your claim. We serve clients across the state of New York, gaining respect and acclaim from both our community and our peers.