Stagecoach Accidents Lawyers in New City, NY, Providing Dedicated Legal Services to Victims Injured in Accidents
New York, particularly New York City, is well-known throughout the world for its tourist trade. A big part of the tourism industry in New York revolves around tour buses, stagecoaches, and the classic horse-drawn carriage rides. However, there is cause for concern with all of these tour coach trades, as companies have put profit ahead of safety on an alarmingly regular basis.
If you’ve been injured in a motor coach accident in New York, our lawyers would be proud to represent your case. We will seek to defend your rights as we pursue a fair settlement for you, which could go a long way towards helping to pay off medical expenses and lost wages.
Unfortunately, many such stagecoach accidents also result in fatalities. If you’ve lost a loved one in a stagecoach accident, we can assist you in filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault parties.
To discuss your case in more detail, contact our White Plains or New City, NY, law offices to schedule a free consultation with our legal team.
What are Common Causes of Motorcoach Accidents in New York?
Some of the most common causes of bus and coach accidents are the same causes for all types of motor vehicle accidents. Namely, instances of reckless driving, fatigued driving, distracted driving, speeding, disobeying the rules of the road, and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
However, there are additional causes for tour transportation accidents, such as:
- Driver fatigue. While no drivers should operate a motor vehicle while they’re tired or fighting off sleep, sometimes drivers for big companies are given no choice. With quotas, deadlines, and long hours to satisfy their employers, some drivers are pushed beyond their physical abilities, which can lead to accidents.
- Failure to ensure that all passengers have disembarked. This may seem like a simple step, but it can be easy for a tired, goals-oriented driver to assume that all their passengers have safely exited the vehicle before pulling away. In instances where passengers or pedestrians are too close to the bus when it begins to move, accidents happen.
- Horses panic. Horse-drawn carriages and coaches are not the most common mode of tourist transportation that you’ll see on the roads, but they are prone to be involved in accidents because horses are often pushed to the breaking point in anxiety-inducing conditions on busy city streets. Though this tradition seemed beautiful once upon a time, now it seems inhumane and reckless. There have been many passenger and animal injuries stemming from horse-drawn carriage accidents.
- Inexperienced drivers. Whether they’re operating a large tour bus, a school bus, or a horse-drawn carriage, these modes of transportation require special experience and training. When a driver does not have the proper training, they can make mistakes. Many companies have doctored or falsified driver logs and licenses, or simply neglected to do a background check on a new hire in the first place, in an effort to get more drivers on the road.
- Poor maintenance. This is one of the big ones. Tourism companies are so concerned with making their service available to consumers that they do not always perform the necessary safety inspections or mechanical repairs. Many charter bus accidents happen because of a tire blowout. Bad brakes have also led to crashes.
What Type of Damages Could you Potentially Recover with a Personal Injury Claim?
With a successful accident claim, you could potentially recover both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include compensation for property damage, lost wages, reduced earning capacity because of an injury, and any current or future medical bills related to the injury you sustained.
Non-economic damages which you could recover include compensation to pay for your psychological anguish, emotional distress, physical pain and suffering, temporary or permanent disability, loss of companionship, and loss of quality of life.
Why Should you Hire an Attorney?
After you have sought out medical attention for your injuries and seen any other injured individuals, you must contact law enforcement and wait for the police to arrive. During that time, try to find witnesses and get their accounts of what happened. Do not tell any at-fault party that you are fine and do not speak to the insurance adjusters representing the stagecoach company.
After you’ve been seen to by the police and medical professionals, call our law firm for further legal guidance.
The longer you wait to hire legal representation, the more time that the other parties have for building a case which limits their liability. Insurance companies will stop at nothing to limit how much they need to pay out for a claim. And some defense teams will even go so far as to find ways to shift the blame for the accident onto the passengers, such as yourself.
Our lawyers and legal staff can assist you in gathering important evidence, reviewing police reports, examining medical records, finding witnesses, and communicating with insurance companies.
Contact Our Law Firm for a Free Case Evaluation
Stagecoach accident victims have the legal right to seek maximum compensation for their physical and mental pain and suffering. However, filing such a claim is not always a simple and straightforward process, and it is advisable that you hire experienced attorneys to represent your case.
At Greenspan & Greenspan, our attorneys have decades of experience providing committed legal services to injured clients who have been overwhelmed by the legal justice system. If you need help, please don’t hesitate to call us.
Contact our New City, NY, law office to schedule a free consultation at(845) 422-8060.